Choose Your Own Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monstermania 08-2010 Interlude

Taking a brief break from the log, I present to you my Monstermania day. Me and Zig headed out to NJ around 9am.
We got there around noon. The parking lot was jammed full. The road was jammed full. We parked about a quarter mile away and walked.

First thing we saw was a line out the door and around the hotel. Turned out to be for John Carpenter. The Batmobile was out front.
We headed inside where I dropped off some stuff for Rob Dimension of Late Night At The Horror Hotel. That's him and me in the pic below.

Then I followed Zig around and snapped some pics of him and some celebs. This is Zig.


This is Zig with Herschell Gordon Lewis. Tell you the truth, I've heard the name, but didn't know who he was.
Added by Zig: H.G. Lewis directed 2000 MANIACS, BLOOD FEAST, GORE GORE GIRLS, THE WIZARD OF GORE and many others. First gore-hound.
I don't know who this is, but Zig got her autograph. He'll tell me later who she was.
Added by Zig: TIFFANY HELM (robot-dancing new wave girl from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART V)
This is Betsy Russell(Private School, the Saw movies). She has no business still being this hot. I mean, we saw her walking across the room before we knew who she was in this skin-tight dress, and she is SMOKING.
 We figured we'd hit the regular rooms and then wait in line for Carpenter. I took some random pics. This is some zombie statue that was pretty cool. Then there were these dolls--very cool, but they were like $195 apiece...
The place was pretty packed. Isn't it funny, though, how all these cons look the same?
I'm not sure who this is, but I called her Boobs McGee. No reason.
I don't know who this is below. Zig will tell me.
Added by Zig: BILL RANDOLPH (the stabbed with a spear while having sex in FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2)

Amy Steel(Friday the 13th Pt 1 &2)
Barbara Steele of Dark Shadows.
Denise Crosby(Pet Sematary, STNG)
Julian Sands(Warlock, Arachnophobia) had nobody at his table. I felt a little sorry for him.
Kelly Jo Minter(Summer School, Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Child) with something scary
We stopped by Lloyd Kaufman's Troma Booth so Zig could talk to him. Zig's movie "Blood Oath" just got picked up by Troma! btw: Lloyd was mobbed every time you went by him even though they stuck him in a dark corner.
This is Andy from Child's Play 1&2. I can't remember his real name. He'll always be Andy to me.
These are chicks. Sometimes I take pictures of them. It's a hormone thing.
A cool Krueger bust.
Ok, this isn't the chick thing. I used to work at a restaurant, so I respect waitresses. That's all. 
And no, the neck would not be a deal breaker, if you know what I mean.
So anyway, we were gonna bite the bullet and wait outside in the line for Carpenter, but someone special mentioned there might be a way around that. We gave it a shot--and I kid you not--ten minutes later we had out signed picture of Carpenter.


I don't want to say much. Maybe he was having a bad day or something. But my impression of Carpenter wasn't a great one. Leave it at that.
But I got this:


Anyway, it was a decent time. Honestly, with Carpenter being the only big guest I was a little surprised at how many people were there.


Back to the FOC2 log soon!


(Hey, look! Bonus video of Monstermania!)

No comments:

Post a Comment